Tuesday, August 8, 2006

August Full Moon

Hola Friends and Family,

I am almost finished with my 120 hours of advanced teacher training with Shiva Rea. I'm very excited by this training. It's alivening what I already know and showing me how to create new seqences based on chakras, elements, and both solar and lunar cycles.

Starting up this Thursday, August 10th, I'm happy to return to my regular schedule of classes. For those of you on the Eastside of L.A., I'm starting up at a brand new studio that prides itself not only on the strength of its classes, but the fact that every instructor plays groovy music during class. Although most of the classes play R&B and hip hop, I'm going to start my own little dance revolution with some choice house, funk, soul, classics, and maybe even some breaks. Check it out - 7:30 - 9:00pm, Tuesday nights at Yummy Yoga in Los Feliz.

I also return to my regular Wed morning classes at Silverlake Yoga. 10:45am - 12:15. And donation yoga is coming back to West Hollywood/Pico/Fairfax area. (yey!)

Would love to see you all soon. You know I'll be incorporating and expanding upon what I've learned, and bringing it to you.

In the meantime, in honor of the lunar cycle which is upon us tonight - the full moon - I am posting this bit of info, forwarded to me via moontribe:

Full Moon in Aquarius:

The full moon in Aquarius shines a light on our sense of community,
basic connectedness, and humanitarian instincts. In opposition to
the sun in Leo, the dynamic tension of the full moon rests in a
foundation of precious individuality. The aristocrats in the
castle join with the masses of common folk with no apparent
difference, except that which allows their union.

As this bright sun connects with the planet Saturn, the opportunity
to ground our egos in a satisfying structure connects with the
bright moon and Neptune in Aquarius -- the rich and heavy moon
reflecting the fullness of our souls lifting, stretching and
expanding limitlessly from the vital foundation of spirit and
spine. Neptune dissolves our boundaries, while Saturn reaffirms
and stabilizes structure. The two planets are facing off with each
other calling into question our ability to make our dreams reality
– or risk the dissolution of our very being with the intoxication
of escapist excess.

The opportunity to set an intention to make our ideals real, to
manifest them in the real world -- body, soul, individual, and
community will come from the place of an open heart and an expanded
mind, grounded by the wisdom of healthy limits while truly loving
ourselves and others unconditionally

No comments:

Post a Comment