Wednesday, August 16, 2006

August Shakti Newsletter

Dear Friends and Yoga Family,

Welcome into the full breadth of the summer season. I hope you are all happy and well.

Teacher Training News:
Just last week, I finished 120 hours of advanced yoga teacher training with Shiva Rea. Her style of Prana Vinyasa Flow has always been very close to my heart, and the experience was absolutely amazing (!) I've become more deeply conscious of sequencing - within the lunar and solar sequences that we worked with, we created variations that emphasized chakras and the elemental nature of Water, Fire, Earth, and Air.

I am now combining Shiva's sequencing and her emphasis on working with Prana - breath, vital life force- with what I learned in my 225 hour foundation training with Ana Forrest (emphasis on alignment, core strength, and injury prevention) and my Power Yoga background with Bryan Kest.

For me - the end result is a highly energized practice that emphasizes Shakti, the creative life force within us all. I am excited to share these teachings with you. :-)

Schedule: Days, Times, and Info updated daily at: yogawitharia.com/schedule.htm

New Class:
Check out my new All Levels Flow at Yummy Yoga*, Tuesday evenings, in Los Feliz.

*Contrary to what their website says, I am NOT playing hip hop in my classes. Repeat. No hip hop. Dub, maybe. Reggae, funk, soul, house, maybe even some breaks, but current radio play hip hop? Sorry. No can do.*

All-Levels Donation Classes:
Wed evenings in the Pico/Fairfax area, and Thursday evenings in Silverlake.

No Weekend Donation Classes:
Due to our heavy weekend travel schedule, I will not be able to offer donation classes at our home on Saturdays or Sundays on a regular basis. If you can't make any of my other donation classes and are interested in a weekly morning donation class at our home (south of Hancock Park area), I currently have available Mon mornings, Tuesday mornings, and Friday mornings. If I can get at least six people interested, I will start up a new class; so email me your preferred days and times, and we will go from there.

Until we meet again - May you all experience abundance, health, laughter, love, and joy all around.

Thanks for your support(!)

Namaste,
Aria
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment